Fr. Isaac and Jesse continue to read and discuss a classic essay on the character of Anglican theology.
The Spirit of Anglicanism is an essay by Paul Elmer More which appears in the volume Anglicanism: the thought and practice of the Church of England, of which More was co-editor. This volume is a compilation of excerpts from original works from a variety of 17th Century Anglican divines. More’s essay provides a sort of guide to the logic behind the composition of the volume and also provides More’s own interpretation of Anglicanism itself and especially the importance of the 17th century.Subscribe on iTunes
- This is the letter from Calvin that Jesse mentions regarding episcopacy (it was to Abp. Matthew Parker, not Cranmer).
- Here is an article (note it is from a Roman Catholic source) that provides some helpful information on Erastianism.
- Here is an informative article about North End (or “Northside”) celebrations.
- This is the coronation scene from Disney’s Frozen that Fr. Isaac mentions:
- For comparison, here is footage from the coronation of Queene Elizabeth II:
- And a more dramatic presentation of the same event from TV series The Crown: